Recommendation request

Tue Jan 18 15:09:07 EST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:24:45 -0700, Jacob Proffitt wrote:

>Ika wrote:
>
>>Does he like Victorian stuff? (I haven't read any Georgette Heyer, but
>>she's historical fiction,yes?) Because Sarah Walters' *Tipping the Velvet*
>>(which is a UK book but was a huge bestseller so should be reasonably
>>likely to be in a US library), set in Victorian times, is a splendid,
>>fluffy-ish but not insubstantial, historical romance - the sort of thing
>>that people call a 'romp'.
>>

>Victorian is good.  Regency is better :).  I'll see what we can do to
>wrangle *Tipping the Velvet*.

I put a hold on it.  Now we have to find the missing books so they will let
me check things out.

(30 item limit?!?! Preposterous!  And only ten items at a time on hold?!?!?
I'm seriously ticked off at the locals who use the county library as their
low-budget Blockbuster Video store.)

Melissa Proffitt