Recommendation request

Tue Jan 18 13:50:54 EST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:02:15 -0000, Anna Z Skarzynska wrote:

>How about the Falco series by Lindsay Davis (Davies?).

*I* plan to read the Falco series as soon as I can find the first ones.

>Unfortunately, I am convinced that between you you have read Everything, so
>it's really no use recommending because nothing will be new to him.
>For a happy reread I'd suggest LM Montgomery or the Moomintroll books.

I don't think we've come anywhere close to reading Everything, though it's
disconcerting to look at the 2500+ books in the house and thing "why isn't
there anything to read?"  He really should read the Anne of Green Gables
books, but I think they might be too sappy.

I found another one, though, quite by accident, because it was on my award
list.  This Sierra St. James person is very good at light romance and humor
and even handles pathos well.  _What the Doctor Ordered_ has sort of a
double plot going on, where you think you know why things are happening, and
it turns out that they meant something else all along.  She didn't
underscore that aspect of the book very strongly, so I'm not sure if it was
something she had in mind or if I just saw the connection as a reader.
Either way, it was very enjoyable.

Melissa Proffitt