Americanisms (was RE: Sorcery and Cecilia and Desert Island books)

Greeniegirl2 at aol.com Greeniegirl2 at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 22:11:11 EST 2005

In a message dated 1/17/2005 8:40:52 PM Central Standard Time,
margaret at onr.com writes:
I loved the map, but how odd. I've lived in the South nearly all my life
(Texas, Georgia, Virginia) and to me a soft drink is definitely a
"soda", not a "coke."

Hmm. Possibly speech patterns change over 50 years.
Well I used to think of all soft drinks as "cokes" but now with the whole
coke/pepsi rivalry I always say coke to mean coke and then sprite or pepsi or dr.
pepper or barqs or whatever...

-Jordan