trash vs literature

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Mon Jan 17 21:19:44 EST 2005

>I don't care what people think of me, but *I* feel guilty if I read
>"trash" instead of Real Literature.

I, on the other hand, have wasted many hours trying to convince people
that "I don't watch TV" is a simple statement about my habits and not an
intellectual snobbism, and that many of the books I read are every bit
as trashy as their favorite TV show, whatever it may be.

Totally wasted effort. Not watching TV, in America, makes you an
Intellectual, even if you just took an Elizabeth Ogilvie novel and an
unknown-quantity sf paperback down to Cozumel for airplane/beach reading.

--
Margaret Ball

It's finished! The bead embroidery book is here. Lots of pretty pictures at
http://www.flameweaver.com/embeadery.html