Sorcery and Cecilia and Desert Island books

Greeniegirl2 at aol.com Greeniegirl2 at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 13:48:45 EST 2005

In a message dated 1/16/2005 10:46:26 PM Central Standard Time,
ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com writes:
That business with got/gotten divides American English from British
English.  [It's not the only thing that divides them.]

If you speak American English, what would you call the following:

  - a carbonated beverage?
  - the thing that contains your groceries?
carbonated beverage- definitely soft drink but I've heard soda (very 50's)
thing that contains your groceries- shopping cart? or the bags would be
grocery bag I guess.

> What I'd really like to know though, is what do you call the thing
> with wheels you use to push around your baby?
>
> Is it:
>
> A. a pushchair
> B. a stroller
> C. a baby carriage
> D. a pram
> E. a perambulator
> F. none of the above

Stroller (baby carriage always has a connontation of a really old fashion
stroller to me)

-Jordan