Desert Island books

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jan 14 16:11:05 EST 2005

In no particular order:

1. The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
2. Good Omens by Pratchett and Gaiman
3. What-A-Mess and the Cat Next Door by Frank Muir
4. The Blue Castle by L.M.Montgomery
5. Magic for Marigold by L.M.Montgomery
6. The Singing Stone by O.R.Melling
7. Ashley Book of Knots by Clifford Ashley
8. A really good cookbook for the local ingredients

(since #8 is imaginary, I'd say one by my favourite cookbook
co-authors: Jeffrey Alford & Naomi Duguid)

Shakespeare's plays were written to be performed, not read.  Instead of the
complete works of Shakespeare and the bible, I would take the complete works
of DWJ and the OED.

I was tempted to take The Mysteries of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg, but
since it's a picture book and the reason I'd want it is for the ideas, I can
mostly take it "in my head".

music: YoYo Ma Bach Cello Suites or the Jacques Loussier Trio Eric Satie album

luxury: really fat blank sketchbook with pencils and erasers

I thought about rope (to go with book 7) or juggling balls for my
luxury, but both of those seem easy enough to make on a desert island.

This was really tricky.
Allison