Desert Island books

Ian Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Fri Jan 14 15:54:33 EST 2005

Books (not really in any order):
1. Harper Lee "To Kill a Mockingbird"
2. Ursula K. LeGuin "A Wizard of Earthsea"
3. George Orwell "Essays"
4. Timothy Findley "Not Wanted on the Voyage"
6. Phillip Pullman "His Dark Materials" (If LOTRings can be one book .
. .)
7. Tolkien "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit"
8. Pratchett and Gaiman "Good Omens"

[only the fact that I've memorized "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and
"Jaberwocky" (from the Alice books) kept them off the list]

May I please have the Dhammapada and the Tao te Ching instead of the
Bible?

Music: If you're going to make me pick just one I'm going to go for
Bach's Mass in B minor.

Luxury: A hot shower (are antibiotics a given?)

widdy
Fairy tales are not true--fairy tales are important, and they are not
true, they are more than true. Not because they tell us that dragons
exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be defeated.
G.K. Chesterton

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net