Desert Island books

Mark Allums mallums at tyler.net
Fri Jan 14 15:10:08 EST 2005

Charles Butler wrote:
> In the Radio 4 original, it's 8 pieces of music plus one book and one
> luxury. In this version I guess it would be 8 books (plus one piece of
> music?).

Uh, hmmmm...  with the Bible and Shakespeare a given...

1. The Lord of the Rings (with the Hobbit) by Tolkien
2. Harry Potter (do series count as one?) by Rowling
3. Heinlein's The Door Into Summer
4. Chrestomanci Books by DWJ (again, do series count as one?)
5. Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Carrol
6. Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird
7. Asimov's Foundation Books (series)
8. The Mote in God's Eye by Niven and Pournelle

Luxury: Air Conditioning

Music:  Beethoven's Ninth

One can see from this that I am a literary cretin.

--Mark A.