Desert Island books

Anna Z Skarzynska ania at gnomic.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 14:58:49 EST 2005

> > Otter:
> >> How many books can we take?
> >
> > In the Radio 4 original, it's 8 pieces of music plus one book and one
> > luxury. In this version I guess it would be 8 books (plus one piece of
> > music?).

But the whole point is to choose just one!
However, I can see the appeal of choosing more than one book, so how about
this:
We choose 8 books, then we choose just one of them (like with the records on
the show). Piece of music and luxury (which cannot be a book) are optional.
Shakespeare and the Bible are provided, but can be optionally exchanged for
two additional essential pieces of music.

Knowing this list, these proposed rules will immediately be disregarded or
modified, of course- to which I say, so what?

I'll have to think on my list, so will post one later. Besides, let's see if
anyone actually wants to play.

Ania