Titanic was Re: Best Books of 2004

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri Jan 14 11:08:56 EST 2005

On Tuesday, January 11, 2005, at 01:37 PM, Anna Z Skarzynska wrote:

> Melissa: Well, at least I've still never seen "Titanic."
> Neither have I. I don't think we missed much.

The main plot -- and I use the term loosely -- is just boring and trite
and
some of it exceedingly unlikely.  As many thumbs down as can be
mustered.

Some of the peripheral stuff was better, but I wouldn't bother just
for it.  [Unless you're a huge fan of Vincent Garber -- I have a friend
who is, and she was willing to put up with all the waffling just to
see him being noble.]

That said, I admit to having cried and cried and cried.  It was a
warm day, no air-conditioning, and I soaked myself _and_ my
girlfriend and had to take a shower afterwards.  If you're a
sucker for pathos -- which I am, obviously --, you are hereby
warned.  As I said, it wasn't the main plot, but the peripheral
stuff.  I _certainly_ never plan to put myself through it again.