Recommendation request

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Fri Jan 14 00:28:20 EST 2005

Disclaimer: I haven't posted in forever, and I only barely really scan
the topics generally, but this one, uh, caught my eye.  I'll likely
never post again and all that :).

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:

>What about Patricia Wrede's Mairleon the Magician and Magician's Ward,
>as well as Sorcery & Cecilia and The Grand Tour.
>Also, what about Angela Thirkell? (http://www.angelathirkell.org/) Both
>romantic, humorous, and basically fluffy.

oooo.  Patricia Wrede sounds good.  Thanks!

>>Alternatively, if you can think of any good humorous fiction--again, the key
>>words are Light and Fluffy--that isn't Terry Pratchett (because yes, I do
>>own all the Discworld books), that would satisfy him as well.
>>

>Tanya Huff's _Summon the Keeper_, _The Second Summoning_, and _Long Hot
>Summoning_ spring to mind.

Oh yes, all three are right along the right lines.  Thanks!

Jacob

P.S. I can't help wondering if I should question my masculinity for this
particular reading phase.  I just can't bring myself to administer a
corrective dose of The Destroyer...