Recommendation request

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Fri Jan 14 00:24:45 EST 2005

Disclaimer: I haven't posted in forever, and I only barely really scan
the topics generally, but this one, uh, caught my eye.  I'll likely
never post again and all that :).

Ika wrote:

<recommendations I can't want to check out snipped>

>Does he like Victorian stuff? (I haven't read any Georgette Heyer, but
>she's historical fiction,yes?) Because Sarah Walters' *Tipping the Velvet*
>(which is a UK book but was a huge bestseller so should be reasonably
>likely to be in a US library), set in Victorian times, is a splendid,
>fluffy-ish but not insubstantial, historical romance - the sort of thing
>that people call a 'romp'.

Victorian is good.  Regency is better :).  I'll see what we can do to
wrangle *Tipping the Velvet*.

Jacob