Recommendation request

Thu Jan 13 15:03:35 EST 2005

Melissa asked for some recommendations:
For specifics:
1. I need books that I could reasonably find at a U.S. public library.
2. Something more substantial than Harlequin et al.
3. Something non-serious...not actually ha-ha laugh out loud, but not dark
and dramatic.
4. Good, realistic, human characters.

I just discovered Katie MacAlister (Sex, Lies and Vampires; You Slay Me; The
Corset Diaries; etc.) - paperback originals, romance, often with a
paranormal twist (vampires etc.), funny.  Paperback originals.  These might
work. She also writes for the teen market (less sex) as Katie Maxwell - sort
of Meg Cabotish.

what about The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares?
If Jacob's reading Meg Cabot then he might like this series as well (2 books
so far, 3rd coming very soon.)

HTH,
Alison