Recommendation request

ROSLYN rosgross at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jan 13 07:52:47 EST 2005

Not chick-lit, but light and very funny:

The series by Tamar Myers that begins with _Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth:
A Pennsylvania-Dutch Mystery with Recipes_ (at least, I think that't the
first one). After a while I found the books became formulaic, but the first
three or four in the series are wonderfully funny.

_The Dyke and the Dybbuk_ by Ellen Galford, basically a really unusual
lesbian romance set in Jewish and lesbian community in London with fantasy
(a dybbuk is a demon or spirit out of Eastern Jewish folklore, sort of)
elements, witty and delightful.

The "Aunt Dimity" books by Nancy Atherton--romance, mystery and fantasy, not
laugh-out-loud but gently funny.

Ros