chicklit (was various)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 12 21:17:55 EST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Allison Marles wrote:

> Especially when you go to the Checkout counters and discover that
> for the whole of the Over Store there are only 3 counters with
> clerks and everyone from all dimensions has converged upon them.

There is a supermarket a few blocks from where I live that reputedly
understaffs the checkout counters deliberately. Or perhaps I should
say understaffs the store deliberately, and the checkout counters are
where it is most apparent - the point of the exercise being to employ
less than X staff, and thereby to claim the benefits that come with
technically qualifying as a small business.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."