Recommendation request

mecha godscylla mechagodscylla at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:27:20 EST 2005

Melissa cried:
>I know he would like Marion Chesney, but our library
>has gotten rid of almost everything of hers they own, so when I have book
>money again I will probably start collecting those.

Just who I was about to suggest, too. How can they have gotten rid of their
Chesneys??

But, speaking of M. Chesney, we have just been on a huge M.C. Beaton bender
at our house.  I finished my last one yesterday and am feeling flat and at
loose ends. So how about M.C. Beaton, since that is Marion Chesney and she's
come out of the closet about it on the most recent dust jackets? I think her
mysteries give her more scope with characters than the romances did, anyway.

Also, what about Jennifer Crusie?  I think it was Dorian who has previously
recommended her on the list and I want to say - thanks Dorian!  My favorites
thus far are Welcome to Temptation and Bet Me.  Her stories get
progressively funnier as they go along and the jokes snowball. I was
convulsed at the very last passage in Welcome to Temptation.

Good luck!

Elise