Recommendation request

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jan 12 12:53:27 EST 2005

hrm, light and fluffy ...
The only romances I read are Georgette Heyer, so I can't offer
any romances, but I do have some other books I read for fluffy amusement.

I'm not sure how available they are at U.S. Libraries since it's a
Canadian author, but you should check out Gordon Korman.  He writes for
young adults.  Some books are younger than others.  You might start with
"Son of Interflux" which is intended for a teenage audience.  The
absolute funniest book, which had me laughing out loud multiple times is
"I Want to Go Home".  "A Semester in the Life of a Garbage Bag" is also
good.  There's a series of books about two boys (Bruno and Boots) at
boarding school that are also very fluffy fun, though intended more for
the pre-teen audience.  I still enjoy reading all these books when I'm
in the mood for light reading.

"Witch and Wombat" by Carolyn Cushman is a light-hearted fantasy.

Allison