Recommendation request

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 12 12:43:47 EST 2005

> 1. I need books that I could reasonably find at a U.S. public library.
> 2. Something more substantial than Harlequin et al.
> 3. Something non-serious...not actually ha-ha laugh out loud, but not dark
> and dramatic.
> 4. Good, realistic, human characters.

What about Patricia Wrede's Mairleon the Magician and Magician's Ward,
as well as Sorcery & Cecilia and The Grand Tour.
Also, what about Angela Thirkell? (http://www.angelathirkell.org/) Both
romantic, humorous, and basically fluffy.

> Alternatively, if you can think of any good humorous fiction--again, the key
> words are Light and Fluffy--that isn't Terry Pratchett (because yes, I do
> own all the Discworld books), that would satisfy him as well.

Tanya Huff's _Summon the Keeper_, _The Second Summoning_, and _Long Hot
Summoning_ spring to mind.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The tumult and the shouting dies/ The captains and the kings depart
And we are left with large supplies / Of cold blancmange and
	rhubarb tart." -- Ronald Knox