Off-topic request for opinion from all you literary types

Otter Perry ottertee at
Wed Jan 12 10:28:57 EST 2005

On Tuesday, January 11, 2005, at 05:48 PM, mecha godscylla wrote:

> Kathleen replied:
>> It sounds to me as though water has splashed out of the kettle onto
>> the stove top. We had a wood stove when I was growing up, and water
>> splashed on to the hot iron would separate into little spheres and
>> bounce around the stovetop before evaporating. (We would stack the
>> pans and trays to dry on the plate rack over the stove, and if the
>> little bit of water still in was tipped out, the results were
>> spectacular. Great fun!).
> Thanks Kathleen! I can't recall ever seeing that before and your 
> description is vivid. It makes me want to experiment.  Also, thanks 
> for further information provided by Roger et al. Where do you get a 
> lump of potassium?

I hope he was kidding about the potassium.  That's more excitement than
you want.

To get the water effect, you only need a frying pan.  Let it heat up on 
burner.  To find out if it's hot enough, just flick a few drops of water
into it.


- Dieting is the cure that doesn't work for the
   disease that isn't real.

To unsubscribe, email dwj-request at with the body "unsubscribe".
Visit the archives at

More information about the Dwj mailing list