gmail

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Tue Jan 11 04:37:28 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 05:15:26PM +0800, Anita Graham wrote:

>Yes, what is this gmail thing where invitations are at a premium?

It's a web-based email service run by Google, which famously offers a
gigabyte of storage. They claim it's free, but put advertisements round
the side of your mail while you're reading it; they use the content of
the mail to decide which advertisements to show you, and for
unspecified other purposes. I am having nothing to do with it, and nor
am I sending personal correspondence to gmail.com addresses.

Roger