chicklit (was various)

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Jan 10 18:16:12 EST 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Allison Marles wrote:

> I am convinced that all grocery stores are somthing like this.  Each
> grocery store is really just a part of the giant Over Store.  Moving
> between them is very hard to do consciously.  However, accidentally
>
> Allison

Are the resemblances to the primeval forest in _Hexwood_ deliberate in
this account?  Although I have to say, I am SO much more frightened of an
Over Store than I am of the Forest in _Hexwod_.  I think a book based on
this premise would give me nightmares.

						---Kyra

---
"The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has
been smashed. But a storm is blowing from paradise; it has got caught in
his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them.
This storm irresistibly propels him into the future to which his back is
turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward."
	---Walter Benjamin, _Theses on the Philosophy of History_