chicklit (was various)

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jan 10 17:50:25 EST 2005

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 06:09:03PM -0700, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
> Fifteen minutes later I get a phone call.  He's in the book section and
> needs directions.  I told him where to go--thank goodness all Wal-Marts are
> actually a single entity with multi-dimensional access points.  The books

I am convinced that all grocery stores are somthing like this.  Each
grocery store is really just a part of the giant Over Store.  Moving
between them is very hard to do consciously.  However, accidentally
moving between them explains why you can so easily lose whomever you're
shopping with if you separate in a foolish attempt to get two things at
once and shop more quickly.  For me, this always results in spending
twice as much time trying to find my bf and the cart than if we'd just
stuck together.  It also explains how if you just search hard enough you
can often find food that you were certain  you couldn't find before.
Just yesterday, despite my bf picking up pitas and then searching for
tortillas, he couldn't find them.  When I went later to look again,
there they were, right next to the pitas, where he couldn't possibly
have missed them.  We also lost one another numerous times, so I'm
convinced that we were mostly shopping in different dimensions of
the Over Store.  Or perhaps the fabric between parallel worlds is
just exceptionally thin in stores like this, so you can easily wander
to the next one over.

Allison