CS Lewis (Was: Favourite books)

deborah deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Jan 10 08:57:59 EST 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
|Margaret Ball wrote:
|>In one of Lewis's theological essays (sorry, it's been a long time and I
|>don't have the book any more to give a precise reference) he envisions
|>Hell as being simply that part of the afterlife inhabited by people who
|>can't bear being near God - either they can't give up their
|>preconceptions, or they can't admit their faults, or whatever.
|
|I remember that vaguely as being Lewis but equally can't give a proper
|reference.  Drat.

Sounds like _The Great Divorce_ to me.  Which I rather liked as an
explanation of a Christian heaven and hell which made sense to me, as an
agnostic (who doesn't believe in hell) Jew (who therefore doesn't
believe in hell, or at least not one to which you're sent as
punishment).

-deborah
--
Before everything else I'm a human being.
					- Nora, _A Dolls' House_