Characters who are Librarians

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 21:20:56 EST 2005

--- deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 jack at greenmanreview.com wrote:
>
> |I'm looking for Librarians as characters in
> fiction. Who do you know who is?
> |
> |--
> |To unsubscribe, email dwj-request at suberic.net with
> the body "unsubscribe".
> |Visit the archives at http://suberic.net/dwj/list/
>
> I've been wanting to build a librarian action figure
> collection.  So far
> I've only got Nancy Pearl and Rupert Giles.  I'm
> looking for Batgirl and
> Oracle (is both cheating?) and Lucien the librarian.
>  I don't think that
> most of the other literary or comic librarians have
> action figure.  Even
> the chick from the Mummy doesn't seem to.
>
> Eek.  i was going to say I wanted DWJ action figures
> until  I realised
> that there probably are movie versions and then I
> realised I don't
> actually want them.  Though the photos of the
> plushie Calcifers look
> really cute.

While not action figures as such the Warhammer 40K
range of wargaming figures includes a number of realy
cool librarians. Try Googling for warhammer and
librarian and you will find things like this;

"What Is a Librarian?
Space Marine Librarians are not the shushing,
check-out-card-stamping civil servants that run your
local library. They are psykers who survive a
Chapter's rigorous screening and training to bend the
Warp for the benefit of their Battle Brothers.
Librarians also record the great deeds of their
Chapter." from
us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/
spacemarines/gaming/tactica_librarian/default.htm

"“Knowledge is power. And power corrupts.”
Witch Hunter Maxim" from
http://wquest.free.fr/warriors/war_257.htm

or "How is it possible for people to overlook the
advantages of using th librarian!?!." from

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=51102&page=2

An image search produces lots of pics

Jon