Book Meme

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 8 15:26:44 EST 2005

This was tough. The closest book had only 54 pages, and the next book,
Kaffe Fassett's Patchwork had an illustration on page 123. So then there
was:

The  neo-avant-garde was interested in an experimentalism that worked on
the signifier (their model was that of the illegible book); Borges, on
the other hand, who wrote in a classical style, worked on the
signifieds, and therefore as far as we were concerned at the time he was
beyond the pale, a disturbing presence, one not easily categorised.

Umberto Eco "Borges and my Anxiety of Influence" from On Literature.

Do I win longest sentence?

Robyn