Best Books of 2004

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Sat Jan 8 01:59:36 EST 2005

On Saturday 08 January 2005 00:49, Allison Marles wrote:

> Best Recommended book: Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
>
>    I didn't enjoy The Virgin Blue by the same author as it was too
>    depressing for me.  I found the atmosphere of GwaPE very
> absorbing. I haven't seen the movie yet.

I have, and it was very disappointing: too much steamy sighing, too
little actual story. It was all pretty pictures, and I think that if I
hadn't read the book I wouldn't have known what it was about.

Here's my husband's review of it:

http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi/moving_pictures/movies.html?seemore=y

(scroll down a bit unless you want the Harry Potter review too)

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 05-Jan-2005