Book Meme

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jan 7 20:54:48 EST 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Paul Andinach wrote:

> I'll try it again when I get home.

Several books are within arm's-reach, but the nearest one that doesn't
have stuff sitting on top of it is 'Trojan Odyssey' by Clive Cussler,
which I think my father left there. The fifth complete sentence on
page 123 is:

   "Thinking he might have been carried away from his goal, he spared
    another glance at his compass."

If I were doing this on my own computer, which doesn't have internet
access, the nearest book would be my pocket French dictionary. The
nearest book with sentences would be 'Mixed Magics', and the fifth
complete sentence on page 123 is a long run-on thing I can't do from
memory about Francis's chin.

(I have all my Chrestomanci books stacked next to the computer, so I
can go through them and write systematic articles for the wiki,
instead of just randomly adding titbits as they come to mind.
Something else to do in my copious free time...)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."