Best Books of 2004

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 19:33:19 EST 2005

In a message dated 1/7/2005 2:29:22 AM Pacific Standard Time, Hallie
O'Donovan writes:

> And those which prove me to be out-of-step with just about *everyone*
> on the big children's lit hits of the moment:
>
> _Inkheart_, Cornelia Funke
> _The Tale of Despereaux_, Kate DiCamillo

If you mean you didn't like them, you're in step with me, anyway. At least, I
shouldn't say that about _Tale_, as I simply couldn't get into it at all, and
therefore can't make any kind of judgment. Me not being able to get into a
book means NOTHING whatsoever, as there are many such books that have later
become my favorites. I do not know why I am like this, but there it is.

Helen Schinske