Best Books of 2004

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Jan 7 18:55:14 EST 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Allison Marles wrote:

> Most anticipated book that I bought in 2004 but haven't read yet:
> Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell.

I'm currently a little more than halfway through it; I just got it out of
the library again, as it's a two-week book and there was no way I was
going to get through the whole thing in that time period, especially as
it's too damn big to carry to work and read on the way there and back. I
will say that I'm liking it a fair amount, particularly the existence and
the content of the footnotes, but it goes rather slowly, not just because
of the sheer size of the thing.