Characters who are Librarians

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 7 17:35:18 EST 2005

>I'm looking for Librarians as characters in fiction. Who do you know who
>is?

Well, since Pratchett's Librarian has already been mentioned, the first
thing that comes to mind is The Name of the Rose, although I can't for the
life of me remember the name of the actual *librarian*. (The library is a
big deal in the book, the librarian not so much.)

If non-book fiction counts, there's obviously Giles from Buffy, not to
mention the new TV movie "The Librarian: Quest for the Spear" with Noah
Wyle, which I haven't seen, but which seems positively ridiculous in an
entertaining way.

And it occurs to me that there was a librarian in Roald Dahl's Matilda,
although she didn't really have a very big part.

Katta