Characters who are Librarians

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jan 7 17:20:56 EST 2005

Ook in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett (I'm sure he has another
name, but that's the one I remember).

There's also a character in one of the Sabriel series by Garth Nix, but
I forget her name and which book... at least I think it's that series.
I remember a young girl who is working in a library that has all sorts
of weird magical stuff and she explores rooms she's not supposed to and
gets into trouble while finding important stuff... or something like
that. As I recall, she has some animal companion.  Has anyone read these
books more recently and know if I've got the right books ?

Allison