Book Meme

Rosemary Hopkins rosieburroughs at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 08:03:27 EST 2005

"Link this with the ability of smiles, fun, laughter and joy to 'carry'
us and speed us on, even when the going is hard or even painful."
Julie M. Hulme, Companion to the Revised Common Lectionary, Volume 2:
All Age Worship, Year A

My husband has been preparing his sermon for Sunday and left a couple
of books beside the computer. The other is Schott's Sporting, Gaming
and Idling Miscellany (don't ask me why), in which case the sentence
would have been: "It was introduced to England, via France, around the
time of Charles I's coronation, and it was swiftly adopted by the
aristocracy." This refers to the game Pall Mall.

Rosie