Book Meme

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Fri Jan 7 04:39:33 EST 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 12:05:27PM +1000, Kathleen Jennings wrote:
>I forward this after a sudden fit of activity on the Vision spec-fic group:

>4. Post the text of the sentence.

(Three binges in a week _will_ reinstate the addiction.)

When considering books to buy, I adopt the page 117 test, which is
somewhat allied; open the book to page 117, and read that page (and the
next, if it's an end-of-chapter). If you want to keep reading straight
away, buy the book. 117 is far enough in that any preliminary
exposition should have been dealt with by that point...

Roger