Book Meme

Kathleen Jennings kathleen.jennings at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 21:05:27 EST 2005

I forward this after a sudden fit of activity on the Vision spec-fic group:

For fun:

1. Pick up the nearest book to you.
2. Find page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence.
5. Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Do
what's actually next to you.

Mine:

"It's really evil, I think".

Starter for Ten, David Nicholls.

Not, alas, the book I like to confess as being nearest to me. It is
sitting in my out tray at work because I don't want it. At all.
Couldn't say it is badly written, and doubtless a large subsection of
society would enjoy it, but I didn't. So if anyone wants it for free,
let me know.

Actually, the nearest thing with 123+ pages is a contract but (a) it
isn't bound and (b) the sentence is half a page long, so I won't type
it out.

The book I am actually reading has only one word on page 123: Arth.
But if I count five sentences from page 123 I get:
"The High Head was forced to retreat to his workroom and think
furiously". [Next sentence: "What *do* you do with six women (and one
infant) of uncertain origin and social status, when you are an
all-male community under Oath of Celibacy?"
(you should be able to guess where that's from.).

Kathleen