Various things to do with books (strangely enough)

Rosemary Hopkins rosieburroughs at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 04:43:55 EST 2005

 --- Allison Marles <apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> am I the only one on the list who *likes* Spindle's End ?
> I love the way it's completely different and yet the same.
> I also much prefer Rose Daughter to Beauty.  But then, I read
> it first and I suspect that has something to do with it. Beauty
> just seems to "simple" to me.

I love the complexity of Spindle's End. And it's nice to find a heroine
with my name! It also has good associations for me, as I first read it
on the bus home to London after getting engaged.

Beauty is another favourite; Rose Daughter I have only read once and I
don't remember it very well, but I haven't felt inspired to re-read it.
Ditto Outlaws of Sherwood and the short stories. I think Deerskin is
wonderful, though harrowing.

Rosie