Various things to do with books (strangely enough)

Roslyn rosgross at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 25 01:44:45 EST 2005

> am I the only one on the list who *likes* Spindle's End ?
> I love the way it's completely different and yet the same.
> I also much prefer Rose Daughter to Beauty.  But then, I read
> it first and I suspect that has something to do with it. Beauty
> just seems to "simple" to me.
>
> Allison

Count me as another one who likes it.

I seem to be weird in that I love _Beauty_ *and* _Rose Daughter_ (though I
must admit that it's been a while since I've read either). Probably _Beauty_
has a greater emotional resonance for me, though, because I read it first,
and it made a stronger impression, even though I totally agree that _Rose
Daughter_ is a much more complex, mature novel.

Ros