Various things to do with books (strangely enough)

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Feb 23 16:01:42 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, AZS wrote:

> The list is quiet... It's not just my email playing up, is it?

Nope, it's quiet for me, too.

> I have since bought some more Robin McKinleys on ebay. I got The Blue
> Sword which I'm reading right now- it turned out that I'd read it years
> ago and forgot- and The Door in the Hedge, and The Hero and the Crown.
> Am on the lookout for Beauty. Any more recommendations?

Well, those three (Blue Sword, Hero and the Crown, and Beauty) are my
must-have/must-rereads. Spindle's End ain't bad, but I only bought it
because it was 50 cents. Other people here really like Rose Daughter, but
I'm a Beauty girl. And then there's Deerskin, which is way too intense and
upsetting for me to reread, but it's well done. It's just...well, it's not
like the source material isn't upsetting.

Cordelia: Buffy, I know we've had our differences, with
	you being so weird and all, and hanging out with
	these total losers...well, anyway, despite all of
	that, I know that you share this feeling that we
	have for each other, deep down....
Willow: Nausea?
		--"Invisible Girl," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"