Drowned Wednesday

Anita Graham amgraham at it.net.au
Wed Feb 16 03:32:54 EST 2005

They are quite different from the Sabriel series. They have none of the
horror elements, and all-in-all they have a much lighter tone.

Drowned Wednesday is as good as the other two, I think. It continues some of
the themes (another deadly sin) and yet changes enough not to be too boring.
I was beginning to wonder if the series could be successful over seven books
without each book being a virtual repeat of the previous ones, but I think
perhaps it can.

A couple of newish things emerge. I can't speculate about one without
spoiling, but I can tell you that we find out that Superior Saturday is
female. .... I don't think that's spoiling anyone's enjoyment.

Anita (DW has been out in Australia since some time in January.)