Cuddly Calcifers? (fwd)

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Feb 15 22:13:27 EST 2005

Passing along...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:15:43 -0000
From: "Gawith, Abigail" <Abigail.Gawith at ricardo.com>
To: owner-dwj at suberic.net
Cc: deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Subject: Cuddly Calcifers?

Hi Deborah,

I can't mail from my usual address(es) at the moment, so would you mind passing this on to the list?  Thanks.

----------------

Hello people,

I'm a longtime lurker, but for once I have a really good reason to emerge for a bit.  I'm currently in Tokyo on business, and I've found a shop that sells Howl's Moving Castle tie-in toys.  Would anyone like me to get them a fluffy Calcifer (with or without logs)?  They're about 5" across.  Very orange.  Long fur; bright eyes.  Little tiny arms.  Really very cute.  Did I mention fluffy?

I can't find a picture online, unfortunately.  Possibly someone whose Japanese is better than mine would be able to.

They cost of the order of 1200Y (about 6.50 GBP or US$12).  I've no idea how much postage would cost to anywhere from here... and I don't know how anyone outside the UK would be able to reimburse me... but the offer's there.  Let me know and I'll do my best.

There are also enamel pin badges of most of the characters, 500Y each.

Other items are heavier and so it wouldn't be practical to ship them internationally.  Sorry about that.

(I haven't actually seen the film itself, incidentally, but there are copies of the book everywhere - in English, in Japanese, in a four-volume manga version (stills from the film)... and it turns out plenty of other DWJs have been translated into Japanese too, including the Tough Guide, the four Chrestomanci books, Wild Robert and Power of Three.  Of course, finding them in a bookshop is a matter more of luck than of judgement!)

Abigail.

If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately
and delete this e-mail from your system.  Please note that any views or opinions
presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Ricardo (save for reports and other documentation formally
approved and signed for release to the intended recipient).  Only Directors
or Duly Authorised Officers are authorised to enter into legally binding
obligations on behalf of Ricardo unless the obligation is contained within
a Ricardo Purchase Order.

Ricardo may monitor outgoing and incoming e-mails and other telecommunications
on its e-mail and telecommunications systems.  By replying to this e-mail you
give consent to such monitoring.  The recipient should check this e-mail and
any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Ricardo accepts no liability for
any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.  "Ricardo" means
Ricardo plc and its subsidiary companies.

Ricardo plc is a public limited company registered in England with registered
number 00222915.
The registered office of Ricardo plc is Bridge Works, Shoreham-by Sea,
West Sussex, BN43 5FG.