alternate englands - belated questions

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 15 21:13:08 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Roslyn wrote:

> But does the fact that she and Christopher can communicate mean that
> they both speak English or does something magical happen so that
> people can understand each other's languages when people from
> different worlds meet? I can't remember if there are any cases where
> people from other world don't understand each other...there could
> be, just can't remember.

It happened in some of the Anywheres Christopher visited when he was
little, but one of the things that makes the Related Worlds related is
that they have the same languages, so presumably (in the absence of
the evidence to the contrary) Millie and her compatriots really do
speak English.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."