alternate englands - belated questions

AZS ania at gnomic.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 17:19:53 EST 2005

I believe that it was during the American Civil War that the something or
other rifle was invented and mass-produced, and it's seen as a Decisive
Weapon, at least acc. to a documentary I saw on TV once (others were the
longbow and.. umm.. possibly the samurai sword? can't remember). Maybe that
decisive rifle was further developed and led to whatever they used to kill
each other in WWI.
Someone here may be a lot better informed about this.

Ania