alternate englands - belated questions

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Mon Feb 14 14:08:51 EST 2005

On Monday, February 14, 2005, at 11:26 AM, Robyn Starkey wrote:

> In the case of Waterloo, it may be the fact that the battle takes
> place at all, in the particular form it took, rather than the outcome
> that causes the split, although the outcome is identified as the
> splitting catalyst. After all, Waterloo the battle is what makes
> modern warfare conceivable; if it hadn't happened, we might not have
> had a WWI in the form that it took.

I would say that if we hadn't had the American Civil War/War of
Northern Aggression
[depending on where you're from and how strongly you feel about it], WWI
certainly wouldn't have taken the form it took.  I think this is true
independent
of who won the Civil War.

- If you think you're too small to have an impact,
   try going to bed with a mosquito.

                                                              -- Anita
Roddick