alternate englands - belated questions

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Feb 14 05:54:16 EST 2005

Paul wrote:
> Well, Throgmorten does the thing where he grows extra heads and arms,
> and he can shred basic-level protective spells (but not more powerful
> ones); but either of those could be inherent magicalness rather than
> magic he does.

I'm not sure that Throgmorton actually grows extra limbs, I've always taken it as being that he was being so fast it *looked* as if he had- which even a non-Temple cat can do when it wants to!

> What about the cats in 'The Magicians of Caprona'? I forget whether
> they actually help with the magic-doing, and if so in what way.

Benvenuto reminds Tonino of a spell by mentally showing him the page in the textbook, but I don't think any of the cats are actually shown as performing magic.
Jennifer