OT Spot of Greek Translation for RPG

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 22:14:32 EST 2005

Thanks all, the horse is now named and it got a
laugh.

Chris wrote

<Osteocephalus sounds fine to me, and has the
benefit
of a prefix immediately understandable to
non-Greek-speakers. Attested compounds meaning
bone-something also seem to use the prefix osto-
(an
Attic contraction, I think), but I reckon osteo-
sounds better.>

I actually went with Ostocephalus (pronounced
with a K Ania). I thought Osteo- sounded too much
like a disease and, after all my fretting about
authenticity, decided I could pass it off as
being a result of my character's local dialect,
it's not as though she's actually from this
world's Greece after all.

=====
Ven