julia and roger analogues

Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale) Philip.Belben at eon-uk.com
Tue Feb 8 12:23:41 EST 2005

>> I would also cite Christopher Chant himself.  Cosimo and Miranda had
>> a happy marriage, afaict, once they'd moved to Japan; but in their
>> native England they had a pretty disastrous one!  They were so
>> different, from such different backgrounds, that the chance of an
>> analogous marriage taking place and lasting long enough to bear fruit
>> in even one other world is pretty low.  If 9 lives require _all nine_
>> analogues to be conceived but not born, the probability becomes
> vanishingly small.
>
> Which matches up with how rare 9-lifed enchanters are supposed to be.

Well, I meant vanishingly small compared with other family situations
where you might get a 9-lived enchanter; that if a 9-lived enchanter
appears, he _won't_ be in the Cosimo/Miranda Chant family; and that
theirs is not the sort of relationship where you could expect to find
all eight offspring-analogues in the series conceived but not born.

Philip

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore the E.ON Group does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the E.ON Group.

E.ON UK plc, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG.
Registered in England & Wales No. 2366970

E.ON UK Trading Ltd, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG
Registered in England & Wales No. 4178314

E.ON UK Trading Ltd is regulated by the Financial Services Authority to carry out investment activities.

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432