alternate englands: when?

jack at greenmanreview.com jack at greenmanreview.com
Mon Feb 7 11:45:59 EST 2005

•I too thought Chrestomanci was set roughly in our time, since when he
• was a boy Christopher went to a world that didn't have magic, and was
• full of machines that sounded like they were trains or cars or such
• and were going very fast. I was sure it was our world.
• Of course, just cause in our world (Series 9, was it?) we have this
• technology at this date doesn't mean that they have to have the same
• technology, cause they did after all have another course of history.
• Perhaps I am stating the obvious? It has been a while since I have
• read them...
• Aimee.

Unless the cars and trains are described so as to fix them in a specific period,
you've got a hundred year window here as both trains and cars appear as early as the
late 1800s in England. •