alternate englands: when?

deborah deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Feb 7 08:39:22 EST 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:
|FWIW I was also surprised to see CL described as contemporary, but
|left it up to someone else to supply the counter argument more
|clearly than I could have managed just then.

I was interpreting it as being an alternate universe that was Edwardian
in feel but took place in the 1980s or so, just because Janet and the
Witch Week kids are contemporary, and because  Chrestomanci in Witch
Week implies that major events (eg Guy Fawkes) took place in the history
of the WW world also took place in his.

-deborah
--
What is an 'evil shape', I wonder?  Could a triangle be evil, for
example?  Are some kind of triangles decent and God-fearing,