alternate englands: when?

Aimee Smith s4028253 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Feb 7 06:12:28 EST 2005

I too thought Chrestomanci was set roughly in our time, since when he
was a boy Christopher went to a world that didn't have magic, and was
full of machines that sounded like they were trains or cars or such and
were going very fast. I was sure it was our world.
Of course, just cause in our world (Series 9, was it?) we have this
technology at this date doesn't mean that they have to have the same
technology, cause they did after all have another course of history.
Perhaps I am stating the obvious? It has been a while since I have read
them...
Aimee.