[DWJ] favorite quotations?

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Thu Dec 22 16:26:06 EST 2005

I somewhat recently mentioned on the LJ-community that I absolutely adored
this bit from _Changeover_:

"'Are you,' asked Simon Aweyo, 'by any chance Jupiter Ammon?'

Changeover, now grown until he filled the sky, shook his great dewlapped
head. 'Try again,' he lowed.

'Zeus?' suggested Aweyo.

'No,' said Changeover.

'Adonis?' Aweyo desperately suggested, in defiance of the evidence. Again
Changeover shook his head. It must, Aweyo thought, be a strictly English
god, since Changeover was roast beef. 'Yorkshire pudding?'"

>From F&H: "Happiness isn't a _thing_.  You can't go out and get it like a
cup of tea.  It's the way you feel about things."

					---Kyra

---
"Each mortal thing does one thing and the same: / Deals out that being
indoors each one dwells; / Selves -- goes itself; _myself_ it speaks and
spells, / Crying _What I do is me: for that I came._"
		---Gerard Manley Hopkins, "As Kingfishers Catch Fire"