[DWJ] Archer's Goon

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Mon Dec 12 02:35:25 EST 2005

Two weeks ago, I contacted a literary agency to inquire about purchasing
translation rights for "Archer's Goon".

I knew the street I was living on was due for some maintenance work, but I
didn't expect the entire street to be dug up and reduced to a dirt path, so
that we wouldn't be able to park on our street until further notice
(probably sometime in February). Nor did anyone warn me that the path to our
house (and not any other house on the street) would be replaced with an open
ditch, indefinitely. Currently, a big yellow bulldozer is tearing out our
fence and bits of our front yard, including a little cypress tree I was
rather fond of. We've also been informed that our water supply will be
turned off tomorrow. I've just spent 20 minutes shuttling between automatic
answering services at the town hall, trying to find an actual person who
might answer me and explain a little of what's going on.

Okay, okay! I *WON'T* buy the rights to "Archer's Goon"! Sheesh!